What are the names of doctors tools?
3. Basic Diagnostic Equipment
- A blood pressure monitor.
- Blood test kits.
- A pulse oximeter.
What is some common hospital equipment?
- Blood infusion set.
- Cannula, intraveneous (separated)
- Catheter, Foley.
- Dialyser, hemodialysis.
- Enema bag and enema bucket.
What are the most common medical devices?
10 Pieces of Medical Equipment All Hospitals Need
- Hospital Stretchers. Transporting patients is very important when dealing with emergencies.
- Anesthesia Machines.
- Patient Monitors.
- EKG/ECG Machines.
- Surgical Tables.
- Blanket and Fluid Warmers.
What are examples of medical equipment?
There are several types of durable medical equipment such as the following:
- Manual wheelchairs or electric wheelchairs.
- Hospital beds.
- Walkers, crutches, canes (or any similar type of mobility assistive equipment)
- Traction equipment.
- Pressure mattresses.
- Insulin pumps.
- Breast pumps.
Why do doctors knock on your stomach?
This is to make sure nothing is too tender, too big, or too firm. Along with the tummy-touching, a doctor will want to examine your skin, the shape of your abdomen, and how it moves as you breathe in and out. The doctor will probably also listen to the abdomen, as some bowel problems can be heard with a stethoscope.
Can doctors hear irregular heartbeat?
Your doctor can listen for fluttering while listening to your heart with a stethoscope. You may also need a test that records your heart’s rhythms, like an ECG, which you have in your doctor’s office, or a Holter monitor that you wear around for a day.